Monday, January 17, 2011

Movie Review: Fight Club


For the next installment of "Movies Donovan didn't see that everyone has", I watched the 1999 hit "Fight Club" starring Braad Pitt and Edward Norton Jr. The beginning of this movie started out very promising, as Ed Norton, whose name I still don't know, is pretty jacked up and has to attend different meetings to catch some winks, and that's where we meet my favorite character Bob, who has the biggest boobs and is very sensitive...funny. Then Tyler Durden asks everyone to go out and start a fight with a stranger. Water hose on a priest...funny. Then it all goes downhill from there.

If the movie is called Fight Club, I need more scenes from the actual Fight Club. If the first rule of Fight Club is to not talk about Fight Club, then how the hell did it have so many members and everyone and their Aunt Jane would call Tyler sir? A little hard to follow with all the city jumping, too confusing toward the end and absolutely one giant headache for me. Didn't get it and I really didn't like it. When he's on the survelliance camera kicking his own ass is when the final straw broke for me. Really? It just didn't make much sense the final 45 minutes.

Although this movie was a little stupid and kinda sucked, it's still better than Top Gun, Caddyshack and Spinal Tap in this series. Fight Club is #8 on the list of 11 movies I've seen so far. The next movie set for my Blue Ray(Opulence, I has it!) is the 1975 classic Jaws. Can't wait to see White people get eaten by a shark. It's already better than Fight Club!

The Rankings:
1. Godfather
2. Goodfellas
3. Gladiator
4. Fargo
5. Wayne's World
6. Breakfast Club
7. 16 Candles
8. Fight Club
9. Top Gun
10. Caddyshack
11. Spinal Tap

No comments: