Thursday, June 16, 2005

Tiger looks for Another Major Win

Tiger Woods feeling over-looked


"This entire year, from what people have said and what I've read so far, looks like I haven't won a tournament this year," said Woods, who has won three times. "If I read some of the stuff, it looks like I have no game left. So I might as well quit and retire. I won a major this year. That's pretty good."


Stop me if this is familiar: Park unimpressive but wins again …I have no idea how he is doing it, but this is the flimsiest 7-1 in baseball history...


Park allowed 12 base runners in five innings on eight hits, three walks and a hit batter, but only one run scored because the Braves were 0-for-7 against him with runners in scoring position. Opponents were hitting .292 against him with runners in scoring position coming into the game.

"I just kept pitching and keeping the ball down," Park said. "I used my [sinker] to get ground balls. I just kept pitching and tried to keep my focus."

Park also had a 6.63 ERA in his last seven starts coming into the game and a 5.40 ERA overall, but his run support of 8.43 runs per nine innings is the highest in the American League.

Which means that Park has now won six straight decisions and overall is 7-1 with a 5.15 ERA for the season.




From the "You can't write this stuff" department: Drese fabulous in Anaheim …Sorry, but that start doesn't make me feel any better about his quick exit in Arlington...

Fraley sizes up pitching staff

Adam Morris looks at Rangers Arm Problems

FSU QB flips out


Sexton, who will be a junior in the fall, took over the starting job for the Seminoles at midseason last year. He was expected to compete for the spot this year with Drew Weatherford and Xavier Lee, who were redshirted as freshmen last year.

An incident report by Tallahassee police officer Zachary Lyne said he was called to a residential neighborhood about reports of a man doing push-ups in the street and jumping on a car.

Lyne said he found Sexton in the middle of the road wearing only a wet pair of shorts. The officer asked Sexton several times to identify himself, and eventually he said he was God.

Sexton later got on his hands and knees, yelled obscenities at the officer and stared at him. He was doused with pepper spray and handcuffed, and identified himself as Sexton.


You might be aware of this cool time-killer, but check out What If Sports.com and see a cool simulator for sports scenarios…

Since I have been in a habit of this lately, here is another Rangers Blog: Scott Lucas’ Rangers Blog

Scott has a great organizational depth chart Here that I plan to print and keep with me…Nice job, Scott…

First, Dale Hansen took an hour on Mondays, Now Keith Olbermann joins Dan Patrick on Fridays …How are we ever going to overcome this?

Coming soon to Speed Channel: Texas Hard Tails

Remember about a week ago I blogged the story of the 80-year wedding anniversary couple? Well, 81 isn’t going to happen: Husband Percy Dead at 105

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 80 year-old husband is dead? It's the BaD radio jinx. Please NEVER mention me on the air or on your blog. Apparently the BaD radio jinx is fatal!!!

Anonymous said...

That sports simulator site just settled the "Are the Patriots a dynasty" argument: the '93 Cowboys beat the 2004 Pats IN New England, 19-13.

I knew it!

Anonymous said...

The 105 year old husband died a bitter, bitter man. For decades he longed for the day the old hag would keel over so he could go younger. That day never came. No, that day never came. The damn beaatch just wouldn't die!

Disco

Anonymous said...

wow, that's pretty dark....

Anonymous said...

02-03 Mavs are underrated on the simulator thing. I am getting killed by the Spurs every game and Van Exel is only scoring like 6 points a game. I am calling a conspiracy against the Mavs.

Anonymous said...

89 Pistons kills 2004 Pistons.
Those were the real bad boys.

Anonymous said...

96 Bulls kills 2001 Lakers.
I guess we know who da man.

Anonymous said...

Just a comment about 30 Days, Bob.

Morgan supposedly suffered his wrist injury while doing landscaping, right?

Wouldn't worker's comp cover his injury? His point about minimum wage earners facing the health care dilemma that they do notwithstanding, but I would think his wrist injury would have been covered under that.