Monday, June 06, 2005

Fun with Crotch Grabbing



Rogers continues to dominate, Rangers pound the Royals

Cordero’s gesture excites the Royals bench


And the Royals pledged to hold a grudge. McEwing told reporters that Cordero's actions were "unprofessional." Kansas City third base coach Luis Silverio said the actions "disrespected the uniform and the game of baseball."

"We will remember this," catcher John Buck said. "We sure will."




Well, I guess now we all have to figure out who John Buck is…

--------------------------

51 pitchers in the American League have enough starts to qualify for the league lead in Run Support , and before I looked I imagined that Chan Ho Park had to be #1. Well, I was not disappointed. He is easily #1, as #2 (Sidney Ponson is 7.08, almost 2 full runs less per start!) Here are the Rangers Starters in Run Support:

AL Rank/ Name/ Runs Per Start
#1 Chan Ho Park 8.91
#7 Chris Young 6.89
#8 Kenny Rogers 6.59
#16 Ryan Drese 5.78
#46 Pedro Astacio 3.22

------------------------------

Links:

Larry Allen for Right Tackle? …I feel very cynical about any idea that involves placing more responsibility on the aging legs of LA, but I will reserve the right to wait until Oxnard on this one…


That mysterious Plan B that Cowboys coach Bill Parcells has at right tackle could be a nine-time Pro Bowler already on the roster.

Guard Larry Allen spent a portion of last week's practices, which were closed to the media, working at right tackle, according to several club sources.


Greg Biffle wins again, Gordon bounced early, wars with Tony Stewart during an eventful weekend in Dover...

USA 3, Costa Rica 0 …Landon Donovan was superb…

Don’t look now, but FC Dallas is great. Without Eddie Johnson, Carlos Ruiz, Mulrooney, and a few others, they pound RSL on the road with many reserves …by the way, I might buy stock in Arturo Alvarez who appears to be quite a talent…


Tyson says life has been a waste …I disagree, he has really been entertaining, and that is not a waste…


"I'll never be happy," he says. "I believe I'll die alone. I would want it that way. I've been a loner all my life with my secrets and my pain. I'm really lost, but I'm trying to find myself.

"I'm really a sad, pathetic case."

The divorced father of six is blunt, gregarious, funny, vulgar, outrageous, sad, angry, bitter and, at times, introspective about the opportunities he squandered over the last two decades. He discusses his drug use ("The weed got me"), lack of self-esteem and sexual addiction.

"My whole life has been a waste — I've been a failure," he says.

"I just want to escape. I'm really embarrassed with myself and my life. I want to be a missionary. I think I could do that while keeping my dignity without letting people know they chased me out of the country. I want to get this part of my life over as soon as possible. In this country, nothing good is going to come of me. I'm so stigmatized, there is no way I can elevate myself.


Speaking of boxing, Kendall Gill is now a boxer …I kid you not…

Kris Jenkins with a word or two on Warren Sapp


“I hate him. Everybody says I’m supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him,” Jenkins said. “He talks too much, he doesn’t make sense, he’s fat, he’s sloppy, he acts like he’s the best thing since sliced bread. He’s ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

“Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don’t know how he does it.”


Do you think John Danks and Thomas Diamond are untouchable? Adam Morris breaks down the issue very well

Anna Benson back at it again

Raul to Liverpool?

Celebrities Eating …Oddly addicting…

Look who Stetson signed …Alright, Alright, Alright…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna Benson is a full blown nut. I agree that she's hot, but she also falls under the "likely to stab you in your sleep if you piss her off" exception for qualifying as official hotness.

On a different note, Cordero probably shouldn't have hit that kid. I'm all for protecting your teammates, but can you really prove a point to the rest of the league agains the lowly stinking Royals?!

Anonymous said...

Hey man! Where are the links to articles about Dover this weekend? What a great race! I think, as a new NASCAR fan, that the 400 mile race is the way to go. That was awesome and it was about 3 1/2 hours, perfect length for an event.

What did you think of Stewart's comments about Gordon? I think he hit the nail on the head. Very appropriate comment. I just wish he hadn't included Johnson in his comments. Oh well. By the way, Martin as classy as ever talking to Kyle Busch after that race.

On another note, why, why, why, are the Cowboys moving Allen to RT? Who's going to play LG? This team and the coaching has been driving me nuts. I would love to eat crow, but I don't see a Cowboys team better tha 7-9. That could be second in the NFC east, but still 7-9 at best. Argh...

Also, the Stars series on FSN is awesome, thanks for pointing it out. I've watched game 1 and 2 and all that hate for the Oilers came back in just a few seconds! I miss hockey...

-Vijay

Anonymous said...

Vijay,

It's good to see another Nascar fan posting comments.

I do need to cautiion you though. Big Bob is a huge Gordon fan, so I'm not quite sure how he is going to respond to your eloquent post.

I happen to agree with what Stweart said about Gordon by the way, but who am I. If I think what Gordon did is wrong, I am automatically saying that because I'm a Jr. fan. If I think Gordon was ok in what he did, then I'm lying to my own eyes.

Bottom line is, it never seems to fail when someone at Hendrick Motor Sports is involved in a wreck, it's ALWAYS the OTHER person's fault.

Keep turning left!

Lew

Mark D. said...

Larry Allen to right tackle.....didn't the try that in '02....and didn't he get abused?

Lynchburg Rocks,
Mark

Anonymous said...

So the owner-driver-teams days are numbered?

Anonymous said...

Donovan is still a P for quitting Europe.