Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Detroit Will Not Go Quietly



Pistons shock me, and most of the world; force game 7

If you are a hockey fan, you are very angry this morning for your sport, as basketball can sort through their problems behind closed doors in a way that keeps their fans out of it and their product on the court. I swear, despite the fact that I am told an agreement is imminent, I want Bettman and Goodenow fired immediately after this is settled. They need to pay for what they have done to this sport. Anyway, great job to David Stern again… NBA arrives at CBA agreement ….


Chan Ho Park Gets shelled …it is suggested that it was the worst start of his career. Ponder that for a moment. I have a perfect solution, just call up Ricardo Rodriguez to take his place…oh wait…



He entered the game with a 7-1 record checkered by: a) his allowing an AL-most average of 15.46 baserunners per nine innings and b) his receiving a major league-leading 8.71 runs per start. And since May 1, he has a 7.57 ERA in nine starts, and opponents are hitting .371 against him. His ERA is now 6.05, higher than that of the since-released Astacio (6.04)





The pictures of the tattoo

This site claims the Bible strictly forbids the tattoo

This site claims the Bible does NOT forbid the tattoo

You make the call.

The Blackhawks fire a coach, despite not playing a game in 14 months …I swear, the Blackhawks could screw up a pre-game skate…

Myron Cope is retiring …And Homer Call of the Week may never be the same…

Jerry Narron is a manager again

Ninjas attack



In case you forgot, Shawn Bradley needs to go...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you care what the Bible says...

meredith said...

Choosing to only live by religious law is garbage, if I may be so bold.

The Bible says lots of things, depending on your interpretation. It also says that pre-martial sex will send you to hell...and I guarantee that plenty of Catholics, Baptistis and Christians are guilty of that. But they only believe the Biblical lessons they wish to believe.

By Jewish law, my tattoo means that I can't be buried in a Jewish cemetary. Yet my very religious grade school best friend, who has no ink on her body but snorts enough coke for a small village, can be buried anywhere she likes.

I don't know about you, but if people chose to look down upon me because of some ink on my body, than they're not really people I'm interested in knowing.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does Bob look like Ming the Merciless in his tattoo photos?

Anonymous said...

Does the Bible say anything about getting circumcised though?

Anonymous said...

Meredith, You make valid points.

Apparantly you aren't even interested in knowing people who leave nice comments about your blog.

As far as biblical law is concerned, I'm pretty sure about 99.9% of mankind don't live by biblical law today, which prooves the point that only a very few people in history were perfect.

Anonymous said...

Bob,
Nothing about the 2 great college baseball games yesterday? You are not Sports Sturm.

Mike

meredith said...

Apparantly you aren't even interested in knowing people who leave nice comments about your blog.

eh?

Anonymous said...

Bob,

I share your frustration with the way the Blackhawks are being run. The day this team truly gets a fresh start is the day Dollar Bill sells the team.

I do find it funny that they hired former color man, Dale Tallon, to become GM. Does this mean his former play-by-play partner, Pat Foley, is going to get hired on as coach next?

Anonymous said...

Dude, so sketch. Sports team tattoos is a subject that needs to be covered on G/NG. Unless it already was, and I wasn't listening. I usually miss most of the show, not for lack of love, but for presence of work.

At any rate, two thumbs up on the decision to get inked, two thumbs down for Packers! :)

Anonymous said...

"In case you forgot, Shawn Bradley needs to go..."

Consider your wish granted.